Oven-Baked Za'atar Potato Pie
Discover the deliciousness of oven-baked Za'atar Potato Pie
- 1 Cast Iron Skillet
- 10 Organic Russet Potatoes
- 5 tbsp Vegetable or Canola oil Used to cover the bottom of the skillet
- 6 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Za'atar
- 1 tbsp Organic Parsley
- 1 tbsp Organic Basil
- 10 Cloves Organic Garlic Chopped.
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Salt to Taste The Za'atar and cheese have a fair amount of saltiness that you may not need to add salt.
- Add oil to a cast iron skillet to cover the base of the skillet.
- Melt the butter and Za'atar in the microwave for about 1 minute. The consistency should be easy to spread liquid. If needed, add 30 seconds more to ensure the consistency is easy to spread. Add 6 tbsp of the mix in the skillet and spread it around.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and create a first layer in the skillet.
- Add some of the Za'atar mix on top of the first layer of potatoes.
- Add shredded Parmesan.
- Add another layer of thinly sliced potatoes.
- Add more of the Za'atar mix on top of the second layer of potatoes and top with organic chopped garlic.
- Add a third layer of thinly sliced potatoes.
- Top with organic Basil and Parsley.
- Add a final layer of potatoes.
- Add the remaining Za'atar mix and top with generous amount of shredded Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit / 220 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes, making sure not to burn the cheese.
- Poke the potato layers to ensure that it's cooked at about 35-40 minutes of baking.Take out of the oven when you see a brown and crisp cheese top.
- Let the pie cool for about 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This delicious pie can be served as a side-dish or a main course with a salad. Enjoy!