Discover the 12 Steps of My Worldly Famous Bolognese Pasta Sauce
My Worldly Bolognese Pasta Sauce
This is a recipe for one of the best Bolognese pasta sauce you'll ever have. This version is meatless that even meat eaters would love, but you can use meat or turkey instead of the soy protein. This sauce can also be used for Lasagna or Eggplant Parmesan in the oven.
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 10 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Oregano Just the leaves; or 2 tablespoons of dry oregano (preferably organic).
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Can San Marzano Tomatoes Peeled; if not available, you can use any good organic whole tomatoes.
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce Organic preferable
- 1 Cup TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) a product by Bob's Red Mill; this is a vegan version; if you want with meat, use meat or turkey for the Bolognese ragu.
- 2 Cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- Take a deep sauce pan, and turn the heat to high (the recommend level for the pan).
- Add the olive oil and wait about 1 minutes to have it heat up.
- Add the chopped (or sliced) garlic, fresh oregano, and a teaspoon of fennel seeds. Mix around to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to not allow the garlic to burn. Cook for about 2 minutes, again, not letting the garlic burn.
- Add the TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) into the main pot, and toss with the garlic and fresh oregano for about 5-10 minutes. You want to cook the TVP® (Textured Vegetable Protein) a bit, but don't let it burn.
- Add the Chopped Tomatoes to the mixture and stir for about a minute or two.
- Add the San Marzano Tomatoes, breaking up the big chunks of tomatoes. Add half a can of water and stir. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the can of Tomato Sauce to the pan. Keep an eye on the consistency of the sauce. You don't want to have too thick or too thin of a sauce. If you need, add some more water, but not too much. Cook until boil then reduce to simmer and cover the pot for 35 minutes.
- Open cover and check the consistency. The color of the sauce should now be darker than before. And add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pasta of your choice, and top with quality Parmesan cheese or vegan Parmesan. You can also use Spaghetti Squash or Zucchini for low carb version, as well as gluten-free pasta or white Basmati rice. Buon Appetito! Enjoy!